Graduate Embedded Software Engineer
NST Audio is a professional audio electronics manufacturer based in Malton, North Yorkshire. Founded in 2014, we’ve expanded rapidly and are looking for people to help us to continue our growth.
What we do
We make high quality audio DSP systems used worldwide at festivals, gigs, bars, clubs, restaurants, cinemas, studios, hotels, superyachts and many other places where music matters. We design and manufacture all of our products at our new purpose-built factory in Malton.
What we are
We’re a family-owned business with big ambitions. We want to create a place where we’d want to work. We want an environment where people can do their best work without the corporate baggage. We want people to want to come to work every day.
We understand that people have their own lives and we give the flexibility to make space and time for that. We operate a flat structure where directors are there to create the environment and resources, not dictate every last detail.
What we’re not
We’re not a corporate cubicle filler. We’re not just filling a “role”. We want a person to do their best work as part of our team.
We’re not going to demand that you work crazy hours. We want to challenge you to push yourself outside your comfort zone, but we’re not going to take over your life. We want you to have a work-life balance.
What the job involves
As part of our R&D team, the main elements of the job are :
⁃ Design and development of code for our embedded systems, including control, UI, comms and DSP elements
- Contributing to the design and specification of new products
- Helping with design and implementing production test jigs and procedures for new products
- Testing of new products and peer review of other engineers' work
- Some maintenence and bug fixing of exising products when necessary
The job will be based at our factory in Malton, North Yorkshire. In time it's expected that some home working will be possible as the job develops and less mentoring and guidance is required.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a graduate who is interested in software development, who is self-motivated and has great attention to detail. We want someone to fit in with our team and set the same high standards as they do.
Some of the skills we’re looking for :
- Either a BSc/BEng in a Science/Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Good practical C/C++ knowledge
- Some experience in using Git
- Knowledge of digital audio or DSP would be useful but not essential
We don’t expect all of these skills, and we expect that a graduate will need signifcant mentoring and guidance which is very much part of what we offer. But if you’ve got relevant interest and experience in several of the above areas then we’d like to hear from you.
What we'll give you
As well as working with a great team, we want to look after you and help get the best out of you both at work and in the rest of your life.
- A personal career development plan and regular one to ones
- Mentoring by experienced engineers
- Flexible working hours and no dress code
- Private healthcare (after 12 months)
Plus all the usual things you’d expect:
- Employer pension scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
Salary for this role is £27-32k per annum depending on experience. Please send applications with a CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org